Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The creation of a name

Naming your creative enterprise can make a mind spin!

To make a very long story short, Zarily comes from a combination of my middle names.

When I married my Husband, who is from Pakistan, his family wanted to give me a new first name, a family name, something my Mother-in-law could pronounce. (She speaks Punjabi which is a about as far away from English as Pakistan is from America.) Zara, which means 'the light at dawn' became my new family name and became my legal middle name when I changed my last name. Leigh was the middle name I was given by my parents at birth, and became my daughter's middle name when she was born. It seemed fitting that this time in my life I would express my new creativity using the new and the old, hence Zarily.

www.zarily.etsy.com
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment