Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting the word out there

s
Marketing, Marketing, Marketing, why are you such a puzzle?

I have a Facebook fan page that I've been working with for a while now.
I used to get comments on the picture posts, I used to get feedback, mostly from my closest friends, but honestly, my closest friends are burned out. They have supported me, encouraged me and tried to the best of their ability, but there is a point.

This week I signed up for a Facebook ad. Thirteen new people have 'fanned' my page.

I have also sent out an e-mail via Constant Contacts, 67 email address, 26 people have opened my mail. The lovely three pendant leaf picture was the centerpiece of my mailer.

Etsy has also tempted me to sign up for three showcases this month. I have never seen an Etsy bill this size, so I hope some good comes of it. The first was a Pendant Showcase, the two final are Jewelry Showcases. To date, I have only had one sale from someone I didn't personally know and that was waaaay back in December!

Twitter definitely shows my Etsy store the most views, but most of my tweet followers are also Etsians or other Jewelry Artists so it's a true guess as to whether that really helps.

I know we're all looking for the magic marketing campaign, I just keep plugging away!
www.zarily.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment