Saturday, June 6, 2009

Home sweet bench


Bench sweet home.

This is where the magic happens, Ta Da!

Oh, I'm probably not suppose to show this to you am I? Is it a bit like seeing behind the curtain of the Wizard of Oz?

I admit, it's a bit plain, and it hasn't reached it's full potential. The life of a metalsmith is like the life of any other, it's full of moves, and changes and moves and moves and more changes. I bought my bench from my current boss secondhand, it's been lugged around all over town.

I hope it has finally found it's home. I hope I have finally found a rhythm of creating. I'm flirting with it's empty drawers...if I fill them, will I stop creating? Will I make it too easy on myself? Will I abandon it to spider webs like so many years before?

I hope not.
I hope Zarily will create baubles for years to come, or at least long enough to invest in a new chair.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you have a place to work your magic will happen and seems to be happening now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Now if I could just find some jewelry elves....hmmm, I'll have to work on that one.

    ReplyDelete