Monday, June 22, 2009

To Coral or not to Coral that is the question


Red is my hands down favorite color (I know I've mentioned that) and I have been so enamored lately with this color combination, turquoise seems to be it's best compliment. When I found these dyed coral beads, they screamed "Take Me Home, Make Me Into Something Fabulous"

As I do with many of my creations, I took this necklace for a test drive today. I like to make sure that my pieces are wearable, that they fit a woman to her best advantage. One of my friends ask what material the beads are...and when I replied Coral, she let out a little gasp. "You CAN'T USE CORAL." Which was quite a shock, apparently the industry is destroying the coral reefs in order to bring us these pretty little baubles. That is something I am definitely going to have to look into.

Through a little googling, I found this interesting article on Coral and where beads come from:
http://estatebeads.com/faq.php

Then I came home and found out that not only am I in love with this color combination but it appears I'm hip! Who knew?

Jewelry.com just posted this article on how Coral has hit the fashion scene:
http://www.jewelry.com/2009-06-fn-coral.shtml

However I might not be quite as eco friendly as I hope to be. I vow to find a different way of expressing my love of red in the next go around. This artist lives and learns....

No comments:

Post a Comment