Thursday, July 16, 2009

Whatever you do, don't order hard tempered wire

The spiral delight series is one of the creative delights of my line.
It has also made me bleed.
Here I was thinking that it was a great idea to make my jump rings stronger but hard tempered wire is like twisting a golf club into a bow. Ouch!

This is by far my best selling item, and it is also my most time consuming item so I love doing them in batches. Tonight I finished wrapping two 19" necklaces and one bracelet. A spiral delight heap, that will soon turn to this:


That is once all the soldering is done. I firmly believe that all my pieces should be finished to the best of their potential so I hand solder every single one of those little loops. Approximately 46-50 in each necklace. My Mom thinks I'm crazy and I probably am, but I will now be a little less crazy since my hard tempered wire lesson has been learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment